Menu
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

broad band theft

hello. for several months now every couple of weeks all our tablets etc are off line with wrong login details one day when starting up the sytem. off every night..

I have changed the admin access to a 13 digit code several times but there still seem to be a 'break in'  one machine is cable connection others are wifi... 2 tabs and a cctv cam. when i look at who is on air it is only us... is there a way to draw up history of machines on the hub??

many thanks

don

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: broad band theft

Have you changed the WiFi password as well? That is far more at risk than the admin password.  Turn off WPS.

Is the CCTV camera cloud connected? Have you changed its password? That is a vulnerablity. 

Why do you turn off the Hub at night?  It's designed to be left on.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

when you say "starting up the system", what do you mean ?
0 Kudos
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have tried changing the wifi password but it still gets changed and locks me out.. all electric is turned off at night.. i dont have unused devises running for nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

starting up devises .. switch it back on in the morning.. always off when unused, electric devises.

0 Kudos
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

the cam is suposed to be high security and out of sight anyway... not visible from the road .
0 Kudos
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

well thaks... non of this answered my question... is there a way to see devises that have been logged into the hub??   the history..

0 Kudos
wilsondon
Settling in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

WPS as far as i have been told you have to push the button to activate wps for x seconds..

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@wilsondon wrote:

I have tried changing the wifi password but it still gets changed and locks me out.. all electric is turned off at night.. i dont have unused devises running for nothing.

It's not running for nothing - it's running to keep a stable connection with the VM network. That's what it is designed to do. 

Sounds as it when it powers off/on it loses your changed WiFi password. Can you access it with the default one? That would prove it.

I doubt very, very much that anyone is stealing your broadband.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@wilsondon wrote:
the cam is suposed to be high security and out of sight anyway... not visible from the road .

Whether it's visible or not is irrelevant.

However from what you've said since I doubt if that's the problem.

0 Kudos