Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Virgin Media Pod

As a Volt customer, do I still qualify for a free Wifi Pod?    And if so, how do I get one, please?   Need to boost signal in the kitchen.

All Pods not connecting to Hub 4

Hi,I am on 1Gig broadband package and it's been over a month since all my pods (including any replacements I've received)  are not connecting to my Hub 4. I have called Virgin, plugging them in near the Hub for a couple days did not help, not even ha...

Not revived Wi-Fi POD

Hi. I called and confirmed I needed a POD downstairs to resolve the speed issue. All my details were taken and I was advised they would send a POD. That was on the 22nd Feb. Still no sign of one appearing. Any advice please. 

Shekkyal by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect app can’t find hub

I have a Hub 4 and just moved home and eventually got installed. I have black spots and need to use the connect app to order the pods. The app won’t recognise I have a hub. I have tried deleting app, reset router etc and still no joy. how can I resol...

Gavcur by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet loss and high pings

Hi, need some help! Been having issues with drop offs! spoke to VM a few days ago, they agree'd something was amiss. and then arranged a technician, this swiftly got canceled when "a network fault" had been identified.yesterday i was informed the iss...

Virgin pods

Hi, having terrible issues with my virgin pods last few nights...unable to connect as it keeps flashing blue....tried resetting hub unplugging pods virgin connect shows pods with no connectivity and trouble shooting is a waste of time....anyone help ...

Resolved! VPN direct to router

Hi all, I think this is the right board.  Is there a way to connect my NordVPN directly to the router instead of each individual device?TIA!Claire