Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub3 Modem Mode Repeatedly Dropping

After the successful resolution to my initial problem on or around  3/3/23 the Hub modem mode behaved itself and the 3rd party router TP-Link Deco S4 providing improved WiFi speed and reception to all house areas, speed typically 130Mbps recorded on ...

mermaids by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordering WiFi pods

I do not get or very poor WiFi in 2 of my bedrooms, up until now this has not been an issue, but due to a medical issue, i have to have a piece of medical equipment link to WiFi so it can be monitored in the bedroom, downloaded the app, ran the app, ...

johncam1 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pod needed for black spots

I’m trying to scan black spots in kitchen to enable me to order booster/pod, but connect app keeps dropping out. I’ve been trying for 24 hours now. Is there an easier way to improve WiFi access in my house?

Lesley14 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi works on all devices but 1

Hi,We have a hub 5. The WiFi is working fine on all of our devices except one laptop. It's just saying connected with no Internet. Tried calling customer support but all they want to do is charge us to go through to Virgin technical services. Any ide...

WiFi won’t connect to my TV

The wifi on the tv was fine until about 12:30am a couple nights ago when the wifi decided to stop working whilst I was using my smart tv. Since then it’s had a warning sign saying it’s connected to the wifi but can’t get the internet. This is the onl...

Tylxerr_ by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Hub 3.0 Red Light

I too am experiencing the constant red light issue - router quite old 4-5 years - I would say warm rather than hot - resetting does nothing.  Tried reporting this through the incredibly unfriendly customer support but the call dropped after 25 minute...

NLC by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

internet not been working for over a day, hub3

i’ve tried everything and still doesn’t work. after a reset or turning it off and on again it turns back on as normal, wifi light solid green, ethernet light solid green, the bar light is white. so it should work right? nope.when connected through wi...

Massive ongoing packet loss PO14

For several days I have been experiencing such significant packet loss / extreme latency that the connection is virtually unusable for most of the day.There are no locally reported issues, either via the automated telephone line or web page.All devic...

33cd3a208b4e5d3cbbe524ce1251378a06ac1917
gr83 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

My router

 I tried to connect a door bell and wondered why my router is connected to a router ???

IMG_0355.png
D_1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos