Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Constant drop in connection

Hi, been having constant connection drops lately. all cables are good, reset router everything seems fineany suggestions or ideas would be very much apreciated 10-05-2023 19:51:02warningDHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=**...

baGG1nz by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ip address for cctv

When I rebooted my CCTV dvr, the hub 5 assigned a different ip address and so I had to reconfigure the dvr and the apps that access it.Can this be stopped from happening if I add it to DHCP reserved list?thanks

Sue1006 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wifi Pods Delivery

Does anyone know how long the wifi pods take to get delivered? My installation engineer had apparently ordered my first one when he did the installation and i’ve not received anything yet. That was 2 weeks ago today, so not sure if it’s actually been...

Aftab_m by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flashing Red Light on Hub 5

Helloi am a new customer and have just installed my Hub 5 as per the installation booklet.I am constantly getting a red flashing light?I have made sure all cables are tight and followed the steps to the T.I have a broadband only package, no tv or pho...

Alydamw by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Max number of devices

Hi,is there a limit Rob how many devices can be active through the hub 5? Got a 1gb link but am having problems getting all the household devices connected at the same time.

Robbeau by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

poor signal strength

Hello, can someone tell me please, why when i check my services on virgin media it says they can't find any faults, but i need to reboot my hub which i have done, then its says i have 4 items that have poor signal strength, why would i have poor sign...

jayjayj by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Wifi keeps dropping out every 15 minutes.

My wifi has finally been stable the last 2-3 weeks after months of trying to get it to behave, but now after waking up this morning, all day it's been lasting 10-15 minutes, and then randomly dying until another restart is performed. When it's been r...

DylanK01 by On our wavelength
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 not working after power cut off

Our Hub 4 was switched off at the wall for about 6 hours. Now it's been switched back on it won't reconnect. We've tried the simple reset but to no avail.Any ideas?Thanks in advance 

Katriff by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Internet drops on new Hub 5

Hello!  I've recently started a new contract with Virgin Media and I was sent a Hub 5.  I was pleased to get what I assume is the newest hub, however, I've encountered a random, recurring problem which seems to be affecting a few people in this forum...

New Router 1.jpg New Router 2.jpg New Router 3.jpg New Router 4.jpg

Resolved! WiFi Pods

Hi, I have received 2 WiFi Pods but I'm having trouble fitting them into a double socket if there's already something plugged in. It says not to plug them into extension leads. Any suggestions?