Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Network speed keeps falling to 1Mbps

Hello!Over the past week, my network speed has been falling throughout the day, from our packages 130Mbps to 1Mbps (and sometimes sub 1Mbps).I have found that restarting the router fixes the issue, until later in the day / the next day when it happen...

samknowsspeedtest.jpg routerdiagnostics.jpg

2.4G incredibly slow on Hub3.0

I have a Virgin Meida Hub 3.05ghz is getting MBs of between 100-1000 for different devices. While 2.4ghz is getting closer to 10-20 MBs.With 'Smart WiFi' enabled several devices are choosing to connect using 2.4ghz when it's not usable for the device...

Resolved! Re: Hub 3.0 Red Light

I'm having the same problem. Constant red light, rebooted the router, no change and still connected to the Internet.

BobOrr by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Log Reports SH5

I have noticed a lack of speed. Checked network logs and seem to have lots of errors. TimePriorityDescription07-09-2023 22:08:52noticeCM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 3; Chan ID: N/A; DSID: 656530; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;C...

Internet cutting out very often

Since there were fibre works done in my area, my internet has been cutting out too frequently, making certain online tasks extremely difficult and annoying. When the internet is working, it works how it should. Could someone please tell me how to boo...

fdk42 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 suddenly stopped working..! Please Help..!

Hello all.I currently have a Virgin Media Hub 4.I got up this morning 31st August 2023 to find that I have no WiFi or Internet connection.I went through all the cable connection checks and restarting sequence to no avail. Apart from a steady white li...

R8sm8sl8 by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5 setup not connecting to internet

I haven't yet been able to connect my hub 5 to the internet. I had issues trying to put in modem.mode and connect it to my home network (see earlier posts) but I have a handle on that now. In the end I rebooted the hub and, as expected, the light is ...