Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Constant Red light on HUB

My Hub is showing a constant red LED.  I have tried all the resets and restarts listed on the forum and it is still a solid red light.The hub is running in modem mode connected to a TP link wifi 6 router. I have a connection to the internet at full s...

rav_11 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant Red light

HelloI have a constant red light on my router but internet / WiFi is working fine. I have tried all the solutions suggested, such as disconnecting, reset button, made sure cables in, etc. but the light remains red. It's been like this for 2 or 3 week...

Going round in circles to order Wifi Pods

I've been trying to order a wifi pod for a while but the Connect app wasn't working on my phone.  I have finally got this to work and a scan revealed very slow WIFI in my office.  The app advises you to order a WIFI pod.  Followed the steps and it ta...

jonjo1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin keeps changing settings

Minimum once a week, virgin will push a new config out and manually change my wireless settings.I have it set up so 2.4 is channel 11 at 20/40mhzAnd 5ghz is 36 at 20/40/80/160mhz Channel optimization offAnd yet I have to manually re set the settings ...

Broadband service is frustratingly slow. Any help!

We work from Home and recently started using virgin Broadband. However the service is frustratingly slow. Initially we thought that it 8w because our small office is upstairs and the router is at ground floor.but even in the same room, it's same. Any...

Loss of sync and No Ranging Response

Hi everyoneFor the past week or so I have been having lots of problems with my internet connection at certain times of day. I am on Virgin's 220Mb service and have a SuperHub 3 (in modem mode, in front of a Ubiquiti EdgeX router). I set up a broadban...

Screenshot_20230707_103904.png Screenshot_20230707_103936.png Screenshot_20230707_104003.png Screenshot_20230707_104029.png

Re: Red light hub 3

Hi zoie...im having exactly the same problem with red light staying on ...trying on off and reset button but red light still comes on....any help be great , its been on for 4 days now

Crigs79 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router Hub is constant red light + outages

Hello allSo i have been with virgin for some time now and i havent had any issues until 2 months ago when my router hub began to have this constant red light which bothered me and tried to fix it but never was able to fix it. I tried to reset it mult...

AliS1970 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos