Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Red light on Hub 3 router all the time

Have a solid red light, indicating an overheated router. Have done all the pinhole and hard resets and the router is in an open well-ventilated place. The wifi functions fine so the red light must be a fault in the hub. I contacted the webchat and th...

FranH by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pod Issues

Hi everyone,Just been sent the Hub 5 and upgraded to 1GB WiFi, everything working ok even if the WiFi signal is actually worse than my older hub 3. My issue is with my 2 WiFi pods not connecting to the new hub that were working perfectly with the old...

King3232 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: wifi connected, but no internet

Hi Ryan,I'm struggling with the same issues as others earlier in this thread.Internet keeps cutting out, although the wifi symbol shows I am online and connected. Eventually my phone switches over to 5g, but quite frustrating, especially as I work fr...

Redzorro by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

WI-FI PODS

How do I go about ordering wi-if pods? Just upgraded l my broadband and the guy I spoke to said I got 3 included in my upgrade.Cheers

Ignored complaint

Complaint logged 3/4 weeks ago with intermittent speeds, service, outages and being called a liar (despite showing multiple speed tests under 5mb DL (quoted almost a gb DL)....Told I'd be charged for a new router as that was the issue.... only a few ...

Br1982 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Literally unbelievable

Hi,I've been with many broadband providers over the years, my job as a financial journalist requires me to have a constant connection with a reliable provider. Then I joined Virgin. Well I say I joined, I phoned up and gave them my direct debit detai...

Resolved! WiFI Pod + Hub3 on modem mode

I recently finished building a nice (small) garden room for my daughter to study in. Her iPads catch the WiFi no problem, however if I go out there my Dell laptop really struggles.As I'm on Volt, I ordered up a WiFi pod to fix things, completely forg...

rich-tie by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Speed not as expected

Bought 500mbps, getting 250mbps max. Have tried wired speed test and different cables (all CAT6 or higher). Wireless coverage is also poor.. 6 bed house, not sure Hub3.0 was the best choice from what I've read.

Router for new address delivered to current address

Hi there,I wanted to set up a new broadband account for my new address which I'm moving into next weekend but I wanted to get the router delivered to my current address. There's no one currently in the flat I'm moving into and I don't know the neighb...