Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Ordered new hub5

I ordered a new hub5 router on Wednesday but I haven’t had any email or notification about when this will be delivered ?  Can anyone help?

Malkyffc by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with dropouts

HiI keep getting wifi dropouts that happen sporadically throughout the day for the past 6 weeks. This affects general internet and zoom calls. I'm posting my logs below, can anyone spot anything wrong? When I run a diagnostic it tells me I have broad...

Hub 5 WiFi speeds

I'm on the VOLT 1gig package and whilst I am getting good speeds via ethernet, the WiFi even when sitting right next to it is very poor in comparison. 940mbs download over ethernet, 80mbps WiFi right next to the router.I've rebooted the Hub 5 several...

Cancel a technician's appointment

I discovered that the problems with my VM broadband were caused by a faulty extension cable to which the router was connected, so an engineer is no longer needed. How can I cancel the appointment? I can kick the appointment down the road but for some...

Evelu by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Automatic compensation

Hello! I am really frustrated atm, in august this year i had no internet connection for over a month. The internet glass fibre cable was cut outside my property what i had reported same day. Lady in customer service booked an engineer appointment 2 w...

Xaceo by Tuning in
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos