Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Really variable performance Virgin Hub and Google Mesh

Can anyone help understand why I am getting such variable performance..I have a virgin cable hub which is receiving a 250plus Mb connection and connecting anything directly via ethernet get awesome speeds - no issues at all.I use Google Home Nest to ...

Setting up internet connection in garden building

Hi all I have a garden building that I would like to setup for broadband access. I had a cat 6 Ethernet port put in during the build so can use that for an internet connection but would also like to be able to connect to WIFI. Is there a way to achie...

Register

I recently made a contract for broadband and I am still waiting for the installation kit which seems to be delayed. I tried contacting customer service but I am required to provide my account number and my area reference which I cannot find on any do...

AMB11 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lies from vm - replacement Hub 5 delays

So on the 27th they say requested a replacement hub5, delivery will be Friday, no delivery, they say it’s ordered when call back. Nothing Monday. Tuesday the door bell goes. And what is delivered. Not the hub5 but the power adapter for the hub5. Call...

vm10 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent broadband

S61wifi has been intermittent since last month since they said engineers are on problem in your area streaming on tv has been a nightmare I’ve been on test last 3 days as it’s got worse  All I get is a result saying account ok kit ok we have a proble...

jasmond by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet for last 4 days

Since Monday I am experiencing massive problems with the internet. Customer Service is a one big joke - SIR, HAVE YOU TRIED RESTART YOUR HUB? (Award for best IT goes to ... some country not even close to UK)So.. connection is non existent.. if there ...

Engineer Appointment - booking disappeared

My broadband has not worked for nearly 24 hours, I booked an engineering appointment for today, this appointment has disappeared and I have no idea if someone is going to come out.     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Mooty99 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help please....Internet dropping out constantly

Hi Everyone, I've been having problems with my Virgin BB since last Wednesday (everything was fine, renewed my contract and have had problems ever since...typical!). I've been with Virgin for years and this is the worst its ever been. I'm having to h...

Virgin Hub 5 - WiFirandomly stops

Not sure if others are experiencing the same issue, but randomly my internet stops working.  My devices stay connected via WiFi but there’s just not internet connectivity.  I don’t have anything running via LAN so can’t comment if that’s the same.  I...