Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Downstream Post RS Errors

Hello all,I have been monitoring my connection over the last few day/weeks and have now become concerned about the Post RS errors that are increasing each day. Snippet from Log: 

worf105_1-1693060932862.png worf105_2-1693060954842.png worf105_3-1693060974442.png worf105_4-1693061091961.png
worf105 by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

New house: Ordering a Wifi Pod

We have just installed VM broadband (+TV and phone) in our new house. We are on a Volt package.The hub is downstairs and the Virgin Connect app says the down load speed is 'Awesome' - somewhere around 180Mbps which is really pretty good.Unfortunately...

Sky Stream

Is anyone else having an issue connecting to Sky Stream via a virgin media connection this evening? Died somewhere between 230pm and 330pm. 

biondani by Dialled in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with Hub 5

I’ve been having intermittent connection problems with my Hub5 for the last week. Internet would just drop out completely when trying to do any upload (even backing up my WhatsApp would cause it to crash. The router would flash red then reboot itself...

WiFi Pod issues following router upgrade

Hello,I’ve been using a WiFi pod with my hub 3 for a while and it’s always worked well. After renewing my contract, earlier this week I received a Hub 5 which works as expected, however the switch has caused the pod to stop working.It shows the slow ...

alela by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

ANOTHER VIRGIN PROBLEM?

So I've had a ongoing problem with virgin for nearly a year, after all this time a brand new problem started last week my connection keeps dropping for such a quick amount of time my nvidia shield will say ethernet not connected (port 3) then within ...

Viper-t by Fibre optic
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos