Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Re: Brown box broken

Hello,The brown cover where the cables go into our house has come off. Is it possible for someone to come and sort it out?  

image.jpg

Resolved! My wifi doesn't work in other rooms.

My wifi doesn't work in other rooms. It just disconnects. Then I can't connect to the app to prove I have poor wifi, meaning I can't be eligible for pods. Please help. 

Nilk by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet

Why is it so hard to speak to a human being when you have a problem. I had my virgin moved from one house to another a week ago. The box in the living room works fine, however the box in the bedroom has 2 red arrows on display, these are not flashing...

Hub 5 powers down, no lights until i turn off/on again

Hi, today my router has powered down twice today,with no lights until i turn off then back on again.I'll try and include as much info as i can on the stats.-Cable Modem StatusItem Status CommentsAcquired Downstream Channel(Hz)515000000LockedRanged Up...

st3v3 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

SYNC Timing Synchronization failure

Hello,I've been with virgin media at my current address for a couple of years now and while I originally had good speed and connectivity, it has worsen over time to the point where I get regular drops in connection and my speed is far lower than it s...

nsumm by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Constant Red Light Hub 3

The red light on my hub is on all the time . I have tried rebooting but still the same . I have rang to to be told no issues could be found.Please adviseMany Thanks

j_ware by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

External Cover Box

Hi, I have today had my virgin media broadband installed with an external box fitted to my house, however as per attatched photos this external box is already damaged, does this need replacing and how do i go about getting this replaced? Thanks. 

IMG-20231104-WA0000.jpg

Poor WiFi on router hub 3

Hi everybody, do we know why I'm getting intermittent signal loss on my hub3, working from home is becoming harder than it should. If I connect using my 4g mobile I get a constant connection with no lag issues.......any help appreciated .

Resolved! Solid red light, hub 3, NOT in modem mode.

Hello all! I know there's a few posts about this but nothing suggested is working.As stated, there is a solid red light on my mother's Hub 3. I've checked and it is not in modem mode. I just noticed it a few hours ago as the router is in my bedroom. ...

laurllt by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos