Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Need WiFi Pod for 5x Router

Hi All,I recommend Virgin to my neighbours, but given it’s the same type of house same layout they have the same issue as me and need a wife pod. To get a wifi pod I almost had to cancel the contract.This message is sent from my neighbours account.Th...

Daria13 by Just joined
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unknown Samsung device connected to Wi-Fi

I noticed a while ago an unknown Samsung device showing as connected on 2.4G at a very low speed on my hub 5 so I changed the Wi-Fi password and it's still connected, every other device disconnected, how can this unknown device still be connected aft...

adish11 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Re: Red light on hub 3

I have the same issue: My hub 3 is showing a red power light instead of the usual white power light. It is solid red but the hub is not overheating and is kept in open space.Phoned customer support. They checked my broadband connection and said a it ...

Network access: Not allowed

I havent been able to connect to the internet since my installation date 3 days ago (look at my previous post) I have decided to call them up and cancel unless they can reslove my problem. But in the meantime I have done some digging around and have ...

Capture2.PNG Capture.PNG
SALYOUS by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Whatsapp Blocked

Hi I have recently joined Virgin Media and I have an issue that it driving me insane. My WiFi works great apart from the fact I can't phone or video call someone through Whatsapp at all.Whatsapp messages send absolutely fine but any phone on my WiFi ...

M3MH1 by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lag, packet loss and dropouts

1 gigabit v5 modem. Was good shortly after box upgrade settled down. The last two weeks ha been dreadful. Losses, latency and connection drops increasing toward the evening. It seems that as more people in the street upgrade, the worse it gets. I've ...

Red light on modem for days

Hi. I noticed there's a red light in my router for the past couple of weeks. The hub doesn't seem to be overheated, and the internet is working just fine, but it's been this unusual red constantly. Any help, I'd appreciate it.

Resolved! New V6 Box

I have just installed my new V6 Box, and the TV is fine. Also, my hard-wired internet is OK, but my WiFi is not working. Any Suggestions please?

Gunfighter by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Internet Connection

Hi, there is no internet connection since this morning. My Hub 3 router is showing a green flashing light and the wifi icon is showing green. Rebooted the Hub 3 but doesn't help. My postcode is SM6 9AY, is there anybody who has this same problem? Tha...

Hub 5x modem mode workaround?

So I've been talking to virgin and I'm in the process of having a tech come out as my 1gig BB has been terrible meanwhile I've been wanting to get in to modem mode on the Hub 5x and while you can get to it via http://192.168.0.1/?page=modemmode it do...

Mnm2397 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos