Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 5 change of identity

HiHaving real problems with our hub5 over the last few days has become more and more unreliable. Last night I checked it via t he app and it automatically started a20min factory reset. I realised this has reverted it to its original identity and pass...

Re: Hub4

Hi I also have this problem - radio silence on here when trying to find a solution. Very frustrating!!!!

Jufc84 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pod not connecting

I installed a Hub 5 yesterday but the pod I have will not connect and so signal is now poorer in the rooms I obtained the pod for in the first place. Advice please. 

Constant disconnection RM11 Hornchurch

6 Text conversations via WhatsApp, 2 calls through their support line. Many false promises, only till a couple days ago, did a worker finally promised me a delivery of my booster pods. Engineer also came in to check the cables as the Internet connect...

Move wall socket

Hello,I’ve just moved in to a new house and the wall socket is in the back corner of the house. Terrible signal (even with boosters) to the devices in the home - plus I have to keep resetting the Sky Q boxes. Is this possible to book a non-fault tech...

WiFi pod availability

Good evening just a quick questionI’ve moved to virgin media from Bt because my speed with Bt was an absolute joke compared to virgin so far everything is going well however I have one issue of sorts I used Bt whole home WiFi discs which worked great...

Issues with Internet downstram errors tonight

11/12/2023 21:09:0Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=nnn;CMTS-MAC=nnnn;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;ChannelLocked StatusRxMER (dB)Pre RS ErrorsPost RS Errors1Locked40.3718466002Locked38.940294782893Locked37.9687221782764Locked38.2516451259475Locked40.392723...

Wi-Fi Pods Keep Failing

I received my new hub on the 8th November and I’m still not set up properly.   First WiFi Pod didn’t work, second WiFi Pod worked for a couple of days and then failed, third WiFi Pod doesn’t work.    Is the equipment just rubbish, can’t seem to get t...

SusanC70 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos