Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Red light on hub and terrible connection

I’ve had a red light on my hub for weeks. Funnily there is nowhere in “help” to advise about this. I’ve done a speed check and it says it’s fine (it’s not fine).Online chat isn’t working and can’t call as working.I’ve done all the usual resets etc th...

New Hub Red Light on Hub

New hub arrived today which replaced the hub a previous tenant was using however the hub is going red and dropping out. The red light is also constantly on. I’ve tried to do a factory reset but it’s made no difference. It also feels extremely hot to ...

Resolved! Hub 5 ?

Hi just got upgraded to 1 gig speed . Currently using hub  4 , but now wifi not as strong , is it better with hub 5 , I need it for my outdoor camera,  if I do need hub 5 , would it cost me or would I be a free upgrade ?? Tia 

wato500 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Second Wi-Fi hub

Hi I’ve gone through all the processes and managed to have my first Wi-Fi hub sent out and set up. This is working fine, however as the engineer advised I’ll need another two to cover the rest of the house. I’m struggling as to how to get a second on...

Neil31 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problems with new Hub 3

Hi, I am a new customer who has been issued by what looks like being a faulty Hub 3 - the 2.4 Ghz wifi keeps dropping out before coming back up a few minutes later - below is a screenshot from Netspot, you can see the offending signal at the bottom:H...

Mat_Ch_0-1702635607976.png
Mat_Ch by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move Router

Hi,The router in our home is located in a room which isn’t convenient and we’d like it moved elsewhere.From reading other posts on the forum, it seems like we can pay £25 to arrange a technician visit to help with this - is that correct?Thanks!

camyule by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting loss of service

All services were down this morning until 3pm ish. I was unable to report this as my phone has been switched to wifi  and I didn't have access to a mobile. I have recorded that I've been out of service for TV and broadband on the service status page ...

patb63 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pods

I’m having trouble connecting my wife’s laptop to the WiFi in her office. I’m unable to do a scan on the laptop as it won’t pick up the WiFi signal. Can someone point me I the right direction on how to order a WiFi pod? Thanks 

Wifi pod

Currently on 1gig broadband but have black spot so in need of pod.Could a agent help me with ordering a wifi pod please as I’m getting nowhere with the call centre 

Cossie77 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi

So a month in with virgin and have boot WiFi! Which is totally , they send a pod and it’s not connecting to the WiFi , apparently my virgin app says I’m out even though I’m home so it can’t check the WiFi! Worst internet connection ever, I was with s...