Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Red light on Virgin Media Hub

hi, I have a solid red light on my virgin media hub 3 for over 3 months. I’ve also been having issues with my WiFi dropping on a regular basis. I have called virgin media a few times and every time the advice is different by the technical people. I h...

Chirag27 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi booster splitter

I have wifi pods and my TV is connected via ethernet cable. Having just bought a streamer I want it to have ethernet connection as well. Tried connecting an ethernet splitter however when connect the tv to it, it does not connect. Any ideas on why it...

How to order WiFi pods?

Hi guys, been with VM since before it was Telewest, thats a long time. Anyway I have used the Virgin Connect app to check my WiFi connections, the problem is the CCTV camera on the wall outside my garage keeps loosing a connection. The garage is on t...

dasower by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media hub 5 gig 1 modem mode

Hii am awaiting a media hub 5 for upgrading to the 1 gig connection.can someone confirm I can definitely use this in modem mode? I have seen one report suggesting certain models of it cannot? I have a wired Ethernet setup with other routers and I do ...

red light router

solid red light on front of router sitting in a well ventilated position Wi-Fi very poor unless in same room and still then says connected but isn't tried turning off and leaving restarting but still the same been like this for few weeks now 

sue0669 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on my hub

I have had a constant red light on my router for a while. I have tried the resets and reboots and it still comes back. I have called to try and report it but got told the wait was too long and they would message me with a link which they did but it s...

Resolved! Red Light on Hub3

We have had a red light on our Hub3 for several months. I have reset and rebooted many times. It has not changed. It is not unduly hot, just slightly warm at the top. It is not in a position where air is restricted. We have very frequent drop outs of...