cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad service.

Davidb0099
Tuning in

my upload speed is constantly tanking. I'm a streamer and I stream games on twitch and swapped to virgin for the fast speeds so can download things fast on the fly and have a stable stream for my viewers. for the past 4 MONTHS this has not been the case. my internet has been so unstable and bad I cannot cope anymore. I've had numerous visits from technicians all of who have different solutions. non of these have fixed my connection. what the **bleep** is going on?

13 REPLIES 13

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this..

Firstly... can we check… are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it? What are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

all connection are on, nothing is wrong everything is fine. except when its not. my ping sky rockets for noobvious reasons. no timeouts nothing

Hi there @Davidb0099, thanks for the update.

I have checked our system and noticed there does seem to be a SNR issue. This has been referred to the support team to be resolved within 7-10 working days.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

the last 3 technition visits to my home have come to the same conclusion. they come, fiddle with the box outside my internet is fine for a few days. straight back to the  issues.

Thanks for coming back to us @Davidb0099. I have looked into this and can see that there is an issue with congestion in your area at the moment.

This has been logged under ticket number F009828995 and the estimated fix time for this is 13:40 on Wednesday 18th May. 

Regards,

Steven_L

so the issues is only just getting fixed about 5 months into the issue I'm having? great. its amazing i get sub par service no compensation, and constant issues. haha

Hi @Davidb0099,

I am incredibly sorry for the ongoing issues you've been facing. I've taken a look over the fault that's being worked on, and I'm afraid that the estimated fix date/time has been pushed back to approximately 1:35pm on June 29th.

I do apologise, but I assure you that we'll be doing all that we can to resolve this ASAP.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

what the **bleep**? 

what do you mean? so now i need to wait ANOTHER month? this is **bleep** insane 

If it's an over-utilisation fault (congestion) then chances are nobody's working hard, and in a months time it'll be pushed back again.  Time to leave and get yourself an ISP who don't take customers for fools, perhaps?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-upload-speed/m-p/4756237#M273896