cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are VM unprofessional?

AdamaB
Joining in

Today, without telling me, VM have taken down my service and it won't be back until approx 3pm.

I'm working from home, well I was until this happened.

If they are going to do this, they need to provide availability to other networks.

I have only recently joined VM and so far reliability has not been great but this is ridiculous.

Does this happen often?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Have you received a letter to say there is maintenance in the area ?

Faults can happen is the issue reported on https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status for major issues or you can call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues down to postcode level.

This is a residential service which does not have a backup system on no agreement on SLA.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Have you received a letter to say there is maintenance in the area ?

Faults can happen is the issue reported on https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status for major issues or you can call 0800 561 0061 to check for local issues down to postcode level.

This is a residential service which does not have a backup system on no agreement on SLA.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mike

Thanks for the response.  It turns out that it was a planned outage to do an upgrade - they just didn't tell me about it in advance which is very poor customer service.

Hopefully now the broadband will get better as currently it cuts out a few times a day.

Regards

Adam

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @AdamaB

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm so sorry to hear your service is affected by a planned outage and that you weren't notified of this. This is not the level of service we aim to provide and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. We always try to send notice via letter for any planned works, apologies this wasn't the case on this occasion. 

How are things performing with the service currently? Has the outage been resolved? If so, are the drops in service still occurring? Do they affect both wired and wireless connections? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide