cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZyXEL ES-108A Connection problems

JeanMark
Tuning in
I have not long upgraded to the Gig1 fibre broadband with the new hub 4 and since then my network switch box has stopped working, its a ZyXEL ES-108A.
I've tried different network cables and different sockets but nothing works but it used to work fine with my old hub.
Now I can only have network items connected direct to the hub, which is a few less sockets than I used to have.
I have switched off the hub 4 , connected everything up then switched the hub on last and still nothing.

Any suggestions ?

Does this ethernet switch box not work with hub 4 ?
3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

There's no good reason why it shouldn't work - but I should point out that this is only a fast ethernet switch and not a gigabit one, so if you have upgraded to the 1 Gbit tier, then anything you connect to that switch will only transfer data at roughly one tenth of what you are paying for!

Thanks but I'm getting nothing from the zyxel switch plugged into the hub 4 (not even 1 tenth), it worked fine before the replacement of the hub

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
The hub 4 might not like 100Mb switch you should look at getting your own router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------