Menu
Chaoscontrol
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Zippyshare 403 Forbidden Access

Yesterday I noticed I suddenly cannot access Zippyshare website. I know I could in the past. I also know the website works since I can disconnect my Wifi and access to it over 4G on my phone.

When using Jdownloader it specifically says blocked by your ISP. I have already contacted VM over chat and they ensured me they are not blocking anything. 

Any idea? Can someone else check to know if it's a personal problem or VM side? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Zippyshare 403 Forbidden Access

Browsing to the Zippyshare URL currently results in a 403 Forbidden error from their nginx server for me, the connection is over HTTPS with a valid signed certificate so no sign of it being intercepted and blocked by Virgin Media, it also shows the same error via EE 4G.

I suspect it might just be an issue with their website.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Try zippysharedjs.com

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Seems to just be a search engine for copyrighted music on Zippyshare? All the returned links result in 403 Forbidden anyway.
Highlighted
Chaoscontrol
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

In my case, I can access the website just fine over Plusnet and Vodafone 4G.
0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just tested it using the HMA Web Proxy ( https://www.hidemyass.com/en-gb/proxy ), it works as long as you don't choose London, UK as the server for it to load through, with that information it's most certainly something on their end.
Considering it resolves to the same IP globally I'm not sure what might be causing such a specific country based issue, but it is actually managing to connect to their frontend web server it's just something in their server configuration is wrong.
Chaoscontrol
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Cool, so at least we know it's on their end and we can just wait for them to fix it.
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Chaoscontrol wrote:
Cool, so at least we know it's on their end and we can just wait for them to fix it.

Or just use zippycomdjs.com

0 Kudos
Chaoscontrol
Joining in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I still don't get what you mean. If I have a file link, it's from Zippyshare.com.
0 Kudos
landsberger
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Which returns a link, which is then blocked by VM. It's DEFINITELY been blocked by VM (advertently or inadvertently) - I assume on copyrights grounds, they probably just haven't let people further down the chain know. The site works perfectly well with other providers (I tried O2 and a VPN in Singapore), and the VM block is any Zippyshare address at all - not just those with zip or rar files.

It's annoying, but, their gaff, their rules. They've probably had enough cease and desist letters and thought "Sod it". 

0 Kudos