cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your engineer appointment is confirmed for 14/10/22 between 01:00-02:00!

nigelad
On our wavelength

Are we really going to see an engineer at 1am? I assume this email arrived because I filed a complaint  about 15 minutes ago because of broadband problems.
If I click on the amend/cancel button it just takes em to my account page, which doesn't list any appointments.
Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nigelad, 

Thank you for your reply and update regarding the current situation.

I have been able to look in to this further from my side and can see that your area has been experiencing some outages related to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) recently which I can confirm has now been resolved. 

As a few days has now passed since your last post to the thread, can you please get back to us and let us know if you have seen any improvements with the service? 

If not, we will be happy to assist you further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

nigelad
On our wavelength

To give the background: We had intermittent service since Friday. Service status said there were problems in our postcode. Restarting the virgin hub [it's in modem mode as we have a linksys router] would restore connectivity for anything from 30 mins to 24 hours before failing again. Sometimes the speed was 9Mbps instead of 100mbps. I used the web chat and booked an engineer for next week. We've had no problems for 3 days and so like a fool I cancelled the engineer, assuming the problems were fixed. Doh!

This evening it failed again and took a reboot to fix. My phone says there are no problems in the area, but my iMac says "looks like there are issues in your area". I filed a complaint citing the broadband problems, and landline issues as well. then 10 mins later I receive an email saying an engineer visit is confirmed  for 1-2am on Friday!
It's odd as I only received text confirmation of my original appointment, but now I get an email confirmation for a new [and earlier appointment] albeit at 1-2am !?!

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nigelad, 

I am sorry for any confusion on this. 
Have you managed to get answers on this you advised Friday which is today did you have a tech visit?

Zoie

nigelad
On our wavelength

HI Zoie,
No we didn't. We did get more service interruptions throughout out Thursday. Service status also reported more problems in our area, due to be fixed by Friday at 18:00. Service was ok Friday but has been intermittent again yesterday morning and this afternoon. Service status only mentions problems with tv. Can you somebody on here please check what the problem is?
SE18 2PS postcode.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nigelad, 

Thank you for your reply and update regarding the current situation.

I have been able to look in to this further from my side and can see that your area has been experiencing some outages related to SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) recently which I can confirm has now been resolved. 

As a few days has now passed since your last post to the thread, can you please get back to us and let us know if you have seen any improvements with the service? 

If not, we will be happy to assist you further. 

Thank you, 

Nat

nigelad
On our wavelength

Hi Nat,
Thanks for getting back to me. The connection hasn't dropped since Monday.
The problem lasted more approx 10 days, and we were told it had been resolved only for it to return after 3 days, so I'm not 100% sure it's definitely ok yet.

Hi @nigelad thanks a lot for your reply - I understand but that's great to hear.

As things stand, everything still looks good at the moment but please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any further help in the future.

Many thanks

Tom_W