cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your ISP DHCP Does Not Function Correctly - Asus AC3200

Nath69uk
Joining in

Hi all,

I'm trying to use our SuperHub 3 in Modem Mode, whenever I do this my Asus Router gives me the error "Your ISP DHCP Does Not Function Correctly". 

I've been on to Tech support and they say its nothing to do with them. I've also read a few threads on here and tried what they suggest but still no luck.

Hence me creating my own thread.

Any help appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

cje85
Trouble shooter

The only thing I can suggest is to turn off both the ASUS router and the Virgin Hub, then switch on the router and allow it to boot up before switching on the hub.  It may take a couple of minutes for the hub to connect so don't be alarmed if the DHCP error appears at first, just give it a few minutes.

Tried that and it simply remains the same.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
AC3200 is applied to several Asus routers names - exactly which model is it ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

RT-AC3200

No one?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

With the hub in router mode connect only to the hub the WAN port of the Asus AC3200 to the hub and PC to Asus AC3200 LAN ports you should have internet.

Then change to modem mode.

If for some reason this did not work connect a PC to the hub in modem mode to get internet then copy its MAC to your Asus AC3200 WAN settings and connect it up to the hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have exactly same issue with RT-AC3200. If you did find fix could you please share?

Many thanks

Other way round.

Boot the hub first then boot the ASUS router after.

Make sure it’s the only device connected to the Ethernet port on the hub.

Have you configured the ASUS router first?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

You should also check that the Asus's DHCP server is enabled.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection