cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yellow power light on Hub 3.0

Umar_123
Joining in

Hi

I’ve recently joined Virgin Media and I’ve been having nothing but issues with the connection. It’s been intermittent and at often very slow on the devices in my home. 

The base light has been yellow since we’ve gotten the Hub installed, I’ve restarted it and factory reset it multiple times, yet it’s made no difference whatsoever. It also has been getting quite warm to the touch too, is this normal?

Has this been happening with anyone else and gotten a fix? What can be done about this? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Umar_123,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your connection recently. I've checked things on our end and I'm unable to locate any faults on the line to explain the problems you're experiencing. Is your wired connection impacted too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

In regards to the yellow power light, we detail what the lights mean here but that light would indicate that the router is working but there's some things worth checking. If you think it's getting a little warm then please ensure the router is in well ventilated area and away from direct sunlight.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Umar_123,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with your connection recently. I've checked things on our end and I'm unable to locate any faults on the line to explain the problems you're experiencing. Is your wired connection impacted too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi?

In regards to the yellow power light, we detail what the lights mean here but that light would indicate that the router is working but there's some things worth checking. If you think it's getting a little warm then please ensure the router is in well ventilated area and away from direct sunlight.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, 

It’s both, I’ve only got one connection through wires and it’s my Xbox which drops in connection very often too.

Also the Hub is out in the open and away from direct sunlight. I’ve checked another post made by someone else who was having a similar issue and one of the replies mentioned that it might be faulty? How accurate is that? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Hub3 was sourced from "poundland" and the LED's used cost an estimated, 1p each, and they are failing over time to display 50 shades of yellow.

The only time to be concerned is if a bright red light appears.

Re the connection issues. We need to be sure that ethernet connected devices are losing connectivity - have you got anything other than an xbox that you can connect to run a "proper" wired test - using a new Cat5e/6 ethernet cable

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Umar_123,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing issue. Sorry to hear that this connection problem is impacting your wired and WiFi connections. 

I was able to run some internal checks on your connections and I cannot see any power level issues that would be impacting your connection. I can see that there are no local area issues and no WiFi settings issues that could be contributing to this problem.

Do you have any laptop or PC devices on which you can run your wired speed test on as @jbrennand suggested?

Please let us know so we can run further checks.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs