cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox series x hub 4

chrismandley
Joining in

Why is it such a nightmare to connect a series x ? 

Or is it just my hub 4 

I have tried opening ports, 

Only way i can remotely get it to work is by sticking the ip address into a DMZ, and using wifi

It will not connect to Open NAT on wired connection even in a DMZ. 

Also it takes an age to log on every time you switch it on ... surely this can't be right?

5 REPLIES 5

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrismandley

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are experiencing when trying to connect your Xbox Series X via ethernet connection. I'm sorry to hear you have been having problems connecting on a wired connection.

I realise this may sound obvious, but is it only the Series X that is having Ethernet issues?  Have you tried a different Ethernet cable to rule out a faulty cable?

Kind regards,

Serena

jadelister
Joining in

Hi I’m experiencing the similar problem we had internet installed yesterday the router is the hub 4 we cannot connect our two Xbox series x to the Wi-Fi this I very frustrating we have had nothing but problems since switching to virgin from our insulation date been change and been left without internet for nearly 3 weeks to still be not able to use our internet properly I rang customer services to have no help whatsoever and to be hung up on can I’m hopping someone can help me here 

The only way i found is to buy another wi fi router . I bought a nighthawk , great bit of kit . Put the virgin router into basic mode so its just acting as the virgin link. Then plug in the new router to handle everything. 

one point is that the virgin dns is also crap , so change the dns in both to google 8.8.8.8

May be worth trying the dns first also.

How do I change this setting please