Menu
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wrong password

I am still without Wi Fi, it’s been 3 Days now.  I have tried resetting as recommended on this forum. I have tried every sequence of doing this, but to no avail. It doesn’t even recognise the old password, and yes I am putting the right one in. I can only think that a firmware update has caused this because I have found many cases of the same problem all over when I looked on twitter, so it is not local to my area. I must add I have never had any problems with the super hub 3 in all the time I have had it. According to the virgin site there are no problems with Wi Fi in my area, but there were reports of it on Wednesday but they fixed it, did they?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wrong password

Have you tried the pinhole reset to factory settings without turning off ?  Push the pin in firmly till it "stops" and hold for a timed (not guessed) 30 seconds and then add a few more – don’t then turn it off.  This has solved this problem for lots of people on here this week.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for your suggestion, I have tried it as I saw your previous posts to others, it didn’t work for me. I phoned virgin and spoke to a man who went through various procedures with me, they didn’t work either. He passed me on to someone else and she didn’t know what I was talking about. She the passed me on to another lady who was rather abrupt and rude, in fact her behaviour was so weird I asked her three times if she worked for Virgin, and she never answered once. Before I hung up on her she was ranting on about she wanted to speak with the account holder. There was a mention early on in the conversation about having to pay for any work done. All I did was turn my I pad on one morning and the Wi/Fi didn’t work. I think I have lost confidence with Virgin.

0 Kudos
Bazred
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My Wi-Fi is back and working again thanks to you. I tried again what you suggested and kept the pin in a lttle longer, then I turned it off for 5 minutes, when I restarted it was on. Thank you very much
0 Kudos