cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong account number & red hub 4

Claire_mcc1
Tuning in

So to begin my account number that virgin sent me is only 8 digits. I spoke to 4 bots and 2 agents about this and both agents suggested the same thing (even when I already told the second agent that I had done that, they proceeded to tell me the same thing) neither worked. No phone is answering, hotline or otherwise, WhatsApp said they are receiving too high volume of people looking to contact them (no surprise) to help. Because of this I cannot sign in online to make an account and check the status of my broadband so I have no way of fixing it. I’ve done the generic turn off leave for 10 turn on, unplug all turn on leave for 5. None work. Flashing white light to solid red light. Does anyone have any suggestions besides messaging/emailing/phone calling because I have exhausted all of those options and I’m on the brink of cancelling. I’ve had this for no more than a month and the customer service is already below 0, so I’m hoping the community board will restore my faith. Thanks 🙏🏼 

11 REPLIES 11

lotharmat
Community elder
Red on a hub 4 means there is a problem with activation - Can you try calling 0800 953 9500 - They should be able to help with activation

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks lotharmat but I’ve tried calling and much like all of the other numbers it says my call cannot be connected. Also I don’t know how it’s an activation problem because I’ve been using it fine the last month and even this morning, just came back from work today and all of a sudden it’s not working. Thanks anyways will try call again in the morning.

@Claire_mcc1 wrote:

Thanks lotharmat but I’ve tried calling and much like all of the other numbers it says my call cannot be connected. Also I don’t know how it’s an activation problem because I’ve been using it fine the last month and even this morning, just came back from work today and all of a sudden it’s not working. Thanks anyways will try call again in the morning.

How odd - what happens if you call 0345 454 1111? (main VM help number)

Same thing happens, “sorry your call cannot be connected”. Could it possibly be something wrong on my end. I’ll try use another phone. 

Sounds like it!

Are you calling from a landline or mobile?

using a mobile, just used my mums and also got the same response so don’t think it’s an issue on my side anymore. 

That is odder and odder - I've just tried it from my mobile and landline (0345 454 1111) and got 'Hello and welcome to Virgin Media... For..... Press 1 etc'

That’s so strange! Well thank you for all of your help, maybe I’ll try on another phone in the morning when the line is open again. Thanks again you’ve been most helpful!! 

Any time!