cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst broadband ever

Gentlegian7
Joining in

Had virgin broad band now for nearly 18 months. From day 1 I've had a red light on my box. After many calls to virgin they tell me it's just a sensor issue. They said my speed test is fine at 105mbs but how isit my bedroom is 5 metres away and I have to use 2 WiFi adapters to get WiFi on my bedroom and sons room. And even still that's only 12mbps and still looses connection. I've dismantled the box ive took the sides of the WiFi box I've even put the thing in the freezer to try cool it down to see if that helps. All virgin are bothered about is when there getting paid. Aslong as there getting money there not bothered about anything else. By far the worst provider I've been with. My neighbour has the same flat as me and the same box. His light is yellow and he gets 100mbps in his bedroom. My contract is due to end on 11/08/22 I cannot wait to switch to a better company that's has better WiFi coverage. 

My TV in my room is connected via ethernet and that works perfect but you'd expect the WiFi to reach next door to the bedrooms. Without any lagging or slowed internet speed. I will only stick with virgin if they gave me there latest WiFi 6 box 

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Gentlegian7  cannot wait to switch to a better company that's has better WiFi coverage...... I will only stick with virgin if they gave me there latest WiFi 6 box 

If I might observe, you say you have had a year and a half of your life blighted by skanky wifi, and so you're going to leave...except if they give you the latest, most over-hyped hub, in which case you'll suddenly believe the marketing tripe and sign up for another 18 months. 

With the greatest of respect this doesn't sound like a winning strategy, since the Hub 3 (and then the Hub 4) were VM's "best ever wifi" at the time.