cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work vpn not connecting to hub 5

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

I recently upgraded to the hub 5. Since then i have been having issues connecting to the works vpn, i had the hub 3 but had no issues. It connects fine when i put on my mobile hotspot but cant seam to get it working with the hub 5. Any fixes for this?

8 REPLIES 8

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Go back to the hub 3 or put the hub in modem mode with a better router with 1Gb ports
---------------------------------------------------------------

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the issues connecting to the VPN with our Hub 5.

Have you been able to report this to your employer to see if they know of any work arounds?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Never had an issue with the hub 3 though? Iv got in touch with work and they have reinstalled the vpn.. only will know once i login tommorow. Iv read this is a known issue but why send out the hub 5 if majority people work from home?

@Kaleem71 wrote:

Never had an issue with the hub 3 though? Iv got in touch with work and they have reinstalled the vpn.. only will know once i login tommorow. Iv read this is a known issue but why send out the hub 5 if majority people work from home?

Technically you are paying for a home internet connection, not business.

There are no guarantees that you'll be able to connect over a VPN.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VPN will work just fine in modem mode unless they really go to the trouble of blocked protocols.

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

Do i need to put the virgin hub 5 into modem mode in order to get it connected to my work vpn?

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
By wire yes or get a better router for many devices and over WiFi

Kaleem71
On our wavelength

My work laptop connected via wifi so a mesh system would solve the issue ?