cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Printer won't connect to Superhub 3

Wizard35
Joining in

Hello, I am new to the forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place on here if not my apologies. I have recently upgraded my router from the superhub 2 to the superhub 3 which has been working fine until I tried to connect my HP ENVY printer which won't connect to the network at all. I have tried to connect it using the HP smart software but it can't even find the printer let alone connect to it.

I have read that the reason might be that the superhub 3 is a dual band router using both the 2.4 ghz and 5.0 ghz networks and if they share the same name/SSID the printer will not be able to connect to the network.

Could anybody please help me because I really need to use my printer as soon as possible.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

gcarter
Superfast

Hello fellow virgin media user😎

Regarding your wireless printer connection issue, it should be as straight forward as

1) Activating WPS on your superhub

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/using-wps-to-connect

2) Once your hub is listening for devices using the above linked procedure, follow the WPS connection guide for your HP Printer

Hello, thank you for your reply to my message, I have tried what you have said but the printer is still not connecting to the network. Also it won't let me click the pin button under add WAS client.

very frustrating!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Wizard35,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Printer, do you have any issues with any other devices? Have you contacted the manufacture of the printer? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide