Menu
sandygamble
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wireless(On (2.4 and 5 GHz), WPS Error)

I am showing this message when I log into my router. Does anyone know what this means and if it is important? I have had little to no wifi since joining six months ago, and I am at my wits end. I am getting around 1-7mbps on wifi and I have done everything I can to improve this. I did change my SSIDs to 2.4 and 5 to try to speed things up, so is that what is resulting in the above error? Or is it just a WPS thing? It would be great to have a little guidance from Virgin Media! Thank you for any advice you may provide!

0 Kudos
sandygamble
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wireless(On (2.4 and 5 GHz), WPS Error)

Update: This particular error resolved itself, so I just have the other pre-existing 500+ issues with wifi. Please ignore this query though - I don't know how to delete it. Thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
peter_finnegan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi in my router settings I've got the same error. Only had the super hub 3 a few days. My internet connection for my pc is fine. My phone and tablet work fine but can't get my smart tv to connect. It was ok at the start. Also still got my old internet showing up from my previous hub. Says on PlayStation network it's faster. But my new net that shows up from the super hub 3. When I check it's download upload speed on PlayStation it says  it's only kb.

0 Kudos
Pelican
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've got the same problem here. Our laptops have WiFi connection speeds of about 12mbps (supposed to get 200, and normally have around 90), but our TV and phones can't get WiFi at all.

I spent over an hour on the phone to Virgin 2 days ago and they did a factory reboot of the Hub 3, after which it worked OK (except the TV - haven't managed to connect that). 

All worked fine until 3 nights ago. 

We have a BT range extender which I re-connected this morning after the reset, but that's never caused problems before. We've been using everything in the current configuration absolutely fine for the past 10 months.

Does anyone know what the WPS error means or how to fix the "connected, no internet" that we get on our phones and TV?

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
deffstar72
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did this ever get resolved because I keep getting the Virgin Media WiFi booster disconnecting every week or two.

0 Kudos
elusja
Settling in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I wonder if this has been resolved too as I have stuck with my printer configuration. I am new to Virgin, previously I was with BT and installing printer was smooth and easy. With Virgin Hub 3.0 it is kind of nightmare. The device does not see the printer at all. I have enabled IPv6, I have given static IP, WPS does not match with printer. The only one solution I have found it was connecting printer to router by ethernet wire, which is not really Wi-Fi and I am lucky to have both devices close to each other. But also I have noticed that after a month or so of use, router has started to ban devices and I was not able to connect one laptop anymore. I had to bypass it and set up guest network. When friends came to me they were not able to connect to deafult network too with their phones. Such a strange issue.

0 Kudos
deffstar72
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I can't comment if it has or not because I've left them and am now back with Sky, and much happier for it.

We lost our landline number and had to have a new one, but the plus point to that is that we're not getting any phone calls from people claiming to be from Windows!

0 Kudos
elusja
Settling in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

People who claim that they are from Windows are more sophisticated than those claiming that my Internet will be disconnected in 24 hours 😉 I have disconnected landline totally as I do not use it at all.

If somehow someone from virgin will try to add something here, the only thing I can add is that even my laptop see the printer in Wi-Fi list, but router seems to be completly blind. And I should add that it is Samsung C480.

0 Kudos
Pelican
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It wasn't resolved as such, but it just got better!

One of the issues Virgin suggested was that the neighbours wifi may be interfering with ours so I think I did change the wifi channel on the router, but I don't remember if that helped. Sorry.

0 Kudos