cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired connection works,,but not WiFi

STEVE591
On our wavelength

The wife pointed out this morning she has no internet on her Ipad,,The Hub 3 is wired to my PC this works fine but we have no wifi ,not even when i am sat next to the Hub 3 with my phone,tried turning off the hub a few times and waiting 5 mins but still the only connection i get is one thou the pc,,,wired,,nothing via wifi..I have noticed when restarting the hub it does take a little longer in rebooting but other than that the wired connection is solid but no wifi

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its not in modem mode by any chance? What colour is the base light ?

Try a pinhole reset as....

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Still the same after reset,,,My phone can see the wifi signal,it shows up as ,so can my wifes phone and ipad,,,but cannot connect...just noticed,,,no suprise at all,,the same with our samsung smart tv

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Go buy a new wifi router with 1Gb ports put hub in bin still connected and change hub to modem mode and take it out the bin for it new life with your router.
---------------------------------------------------------------

STEVE591
On our wavelength

A few hours after the reset ,which did not work, i shut my pc and router, then after a few hours i turned the pc and router back on my phone whistled and thinking this was a sms message,,, low and behold  emails appeared, upon checking my the wifi was up and running ?