cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired & Wifi connections dropping - superhub 3

brianfantastic
On our wavelength

Hi. 

Recently my superhub 3 has started intermittently dropping connections on both wired and wifi. It drop on both wifi bands (2.4 & 5) and takes anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes to regain a connection. It is happening more frequently usually 2-3 times a day at this point. 

the connections always drop at the same time, meaning wired always goes down at the same time as wifi and vice-versa.

I have followed every bit of advice on the help section of the website, I have downloaded the virgin media connect app and I have reset and restarted the router multiple times. 

All of the hardware is correctly installed, connections are tight on the cables. Ethernet cables properly connected to router and devices etc.

please could anyone advise me on what the problem could be and any possible soloutions?

31 REPLIES 31

BQM results for today

Untitled.jpg

@MAnderson70 wrote:

BQM results for today

Untitled.jpg

Your hub stats and BQM are all fine 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thanks for taking the time to check that. The stats literally mean nothing to me, so I'm happy to hear that. Interestingly enough, it hasn't happened today! 

Hopefully it's been something and nothing! 

Hello MAnderson70

Thanks for posting all of the information requested by the members, we're pleased to hear this seems to have settled down recently. 

Please monitor this over the coming days, keep the BQM set up so if needed during this time you can post it straight away and let us know if this happens again.

We have these tips available to help with broadband issues:

Thanks 

Rob

brianfantastic
On our wavelength

An update after three weeks. The problem of the intermittent drops is still here. As i type this my internet is toggling on and off. Ive counted a total of 5 drops now. As a matter of fact, i just tried to submit this message as the internet dropped and i 404'd. smh. I think my son was experiencing connection issues last night also as the (usually stable) game he plays kept kicking him out and citing connection errors.

Hello @brainfantastic,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the wait in getting this looked into!

I have been able to locate your account using your forums information, I have booked an engineer to come to your property due to errors showing on your equipment with the dropouts.

You can track you appointment by signing in here.

Let me know if this is okay for you.

Many thanks, 

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

• Final update for any future folks with the same problem. 

I called VM 3 days ago and the person I spoke to insisted that my internet was fine and I had no problems. I was told to monitor the connection and call back of the problem persisted. 

however, some kind soul who works for VM on these forums saw my thread and booked me an engineer. This morning, a very friendly chap attended and quickly found the problem (which I had been repeatedly told on the phone didn’t exist after waiting for an hour to get through).

A cable in the box on the outside of my house had been bent in a “U” position for so long that eventually it had stressed it’s self to breaking point. That’s why I was experiencing so many drops and that’s why the problem was getting worse. 

Thankyou to everybody that helped and hopefully this thread helps somebody in the future. Special thanks to the VM user who organised an engineer to attend. 

We are all told there is no problem.risc19_5-1617790643482.png

And that, ladies and gentlemen is the problem with offshore call centres - Mr brother was tasked with troubleshooting one for another company.

The biggest problem, he said, was that the offshore employees see the work as 'acting' work - Not customer services work - acting!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thanks for the update @brianfantastic and to @Hayley_S for booking the engineer visit

Do please come back to our Forums if you have any further issues and our helpful posters and Forum Team will be happy to assist further

Kindest regards,

David_Bn