cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi

Vayre01
Joining in

I have a Virgin hub 3 and i am having issues connecting to the Internet and have no home phone connection. The base light is green and WiFi green with green arrows flashing underneath and it is saying connected without Internet. An engineer visited a couple of weeks ago and it has been working fine until a couple of days ago. I have tried resetting it.... switching it off and on ... unplugging the power... basically everything but still no internet. Any help appreciated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vayre01,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you have had with your broadband service.

I have taken a look on our side and I am unable to see any issue reported in the area. 

How has the service been over the past few days?

^Martin

Hi, 

The engineer came to sort it out today. He was lovely and very helpful. He got it working again. There was a problem with the main box down the Rd. I rely on my WiFi for working from home and security cameras so it's not great that I keep loosing my Internet and phone connection with virgin

[MOD EDIT: spacing]

Thanks for the update Vayre01 and glad to hear the tech was able to help resolve the issue.

If you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

Tnomvete
Just joined

I have no Internet connection to access my work Internet system,   and this has been the case since the morning.  I live in Edgware  HA8 area. There is a message on the Virgin website indicating a problem that is expected to be fixed by tomorrow evening,  21, March! That's a long time. Is anyone else having the same problem? I can access the Internet via my phone, but no Internet connection to my work system.  Are others experiencing the same issue.  I am trying to work out how I can speak to a human being  at Virgin media.

Hi @Tnomvete 

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with an outage in the area. We can understand the inconvenience caused and we want to best help. I have had a look into your service and I can see the outage is still ongoing. I can assure you, our team is doing its best to get the service up and running again. The current estimated fix time is 28 MAR 2023 at 12:00. Please let us know if the issue persists after this and we will take further steps.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs