cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi stays connect but doesn’t work

Duncanclan
Joining in

Hello

We have constant issues where the wifi stops working. But you check the hub all seems ok. And the devices state they’re connected to wifi but nothing works / loads. This happens a lot. 

We were told work was outstanding in the area TS17 but nothing shows on service status. 

This has been an issue for months and causes us to eat through mobile data. 

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Who told you there was an ongoing fault? Did you get a fault reference number?

If not, check the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows call in and ask - get a ref. number

Also set up a BQM this will show network issues

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Duncanclan,

Thanks for posting and welcome too our community 🙂

I'm sorry to see you've had some trouble with your connection .

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you were able to arrange a technician visit regarding this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm