Menu
Rsimmo25
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speed !!!

Hi there

been on the phone to some idiots from god knows where??? Tying to sort this problem out... grrrrrr they are utter useless...

paying for 50mb (upto?)

i get readings from my iphone app from

50mb down to 0.6mb...

i turn off everything in my house and still get these.

. been on the phone each time for over 40min...

they wont book in a Engerneer ... they all tell me to go out and buy a pc (as in dont own one) and do there tests for them.....

i pay all this £ and get the worse customer service ive ever had!!!!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Wifi speed !!!

What Hub do you have?  Are you connecting the iPhone on the 2.4 or 5 GHz network ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tudor
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM like any other ISP do not guarantee WiFi speeds and will therefore not send out a technician to rectify any problems. The reason is that there are so many external factors in a WiFi setup that are outside of the control of the ISP. WiFi can be affected by build type of property’s materials, distance from access point, adjacent WiFi signals, lack of channels on the 2.4 GHz band, microwaves, refrigerators and even some USB hubs. You can improve the signal by use of wireless access points. 

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Rsimmo25
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

tried 5.0 

its not the signal  ita the speed

just upgraded to 100mb (🤬) amd now im only getting 16-21mb.......wth 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My iDevices only get top speeds on the 5GHz network. Have you tried going into the Hub3 settings and in smart wifi disable the "channel optimisation" and rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's (just change to xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) with a password you like, save settings and restart Hub.  Over wifi you can then select the individual network that you want to connect your device to.  If it doesnt help you can always pinhole reset it back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rsimmo25

I’m really sorry to hear of the slow speeds you have been experiencing. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything is looking good. There are quite a few factors that can affect wireless so I've included a guide here with some useful hints and tips to improve the connection. 
Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos