cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi signal

Mark1871
Dialled in

Afternoon. My problem this time is that Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping. I have to reboot the router a few times a day to try to fix it. The 5ghz has disappeared completely too. We go out and come back and none of our phones pick up the signal. We have to reconnect ourselves. We also have a ring cctv camera. It constantly fails to connect to the Wi-Fi. ring tell me the rssi signal is the problem. The hub is no more than 12 feet from the camera with no obstructions other than a front door. We’ve had problems with the hub for a while now. Calling VM achieves nothing. We’re told to turn it off and on again. When we say we’ve done that, checked all connections are tight etc they say in quite a snotty tone of voice “we won’t replace the hub so you’ll have to keep trying”. We want a hub that works. If rebooting it fixed the issue we’d be happy. It doesn’t though so it has to be the hub that is the issue? Any advice gratefully received. 

13 REPLIES 13

Hi. Unfortunately nobody will be in today and I was not able to rearrange the appointment as the engineer was visiting within the next 24 hours. As I hadn’t been online the first I knew of it was this morning when I received a text. Can I possibly get another appointment? 

Hi @Mark1871

Thanks again for coming back to me via private message. 

I'm sorry to hear the appointment wasn't suitable for you. When we book an engineer visit via the forums, we book you in for the next available appointment. This is because the appointments go so quickly, we could give you a date option then by the time you come back to us it's gone. 

I have re-booked the appointment for you. Please log in to My VM and check the appointment. If it's not suitable then please reschedule it and select a date and time you will be available. 

Keep us posted on how the visit goes.

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. Just checked. Again we are out at that time due to work. It will not let me reschedule because they will “be visiting in less than 24 hours” even though the appointment is 4pm-7pm tomorrow. That’s more than 24 hours? Sorry for being a pain. Thanks for your help so far. 

Hi Mark1871, 

Hmmm that is annoying. I will feed this back to the teams. 

I would give the team a call on 0345 454 1111 for them to go through the live available appointments for you in that case. 

Alternatively - pop me a private message with a few different dates and times between the following and I can book whichever one is available. 

Our timeslots are Monday - Friday: 8am - 12pm, 12pm - 4pm and 4pm - 7pm. Saturdays: 8am - 12pm and 12pm - 4pm. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs