cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods

leea56
Tuning in
  • Hi just had a wifi pod delivered and setup but still have blackspots will it be possible for another pod to be sent out to me 

Thanks

52 REPLIES 52

Thanks for getting back to me, it's the Volt M350 package.

Hi @KristianT
Thanks for coming back to the thread. I shall send you a PM now. Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM, @KristianT

A request to order your first free WiFi pod has been successfully submitted. You will receive a text message to confirm your delivery date and tracking information within the next 4 hours.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs. You can view these below: 
• The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
• Channel Optimisation must be left on
• The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
• The SSID must be password protected
• The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home. This link will help though if you do have any issues > https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John for your help.

Regards Kristian 

fifi90
Joining in

How much are the pods at the moment?

Do they actually work though, better than the powerlines???

jaybee84
On our wavelength

Hi John.

I'm a Volt / Gig 1 fibre customer, but get drops/poor  signal upstairs, is it possible to request pods with you?

Regards

SB

Hi Fifi90, 

Thanks for your Post on the forums asking for more info about our WIFI Pods, I'll be happy to provide some info for you. 

I have a link here - WIFI Max - Which has information about our most recent WIFI guarantee scheme.

I would firstly go onto our Connect App to see if you do have WIFI black spots, you can do speed tests here to help make your decision about whether you need them.

We can order WIFI pods here on the forums for you, or you can give the team a call on 0345 454 1111, option 1, 2 then 1 who will be happy to help. 

Please let us know what you think!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Hi Jaybee84,

Thanks for coming to us about ordering some WIFI pods to help with your WIFI issues, we can order them for you here on the forums, that's not a problem 🙂

Could you firstly pop onto the Connect App and do a scan of your home to locate where you would need your first pod please? 

Let us know the results 🙂

Thanks!

Megan_L

jaybee84
On our wavelength

Hi Megan.

I did a scan recently up stairs and I got a "great" signal in one of the rooms closest, but I cant do a scan in the furthest away bed room because the signal drops completely (It gets a 1 wifi bar for a few seconds, then drops/disconnects because the signal is too poor)

 Hello

new Virgin member - I’ve got one WiFi pod. Was expecting three - perhaps I misunderstood- I still have dead spots in far side of house - can I get another 2? 
On the top package 

D55B2082-5DE1-411F-A4CD-EFB0846D61D4.jpeg