cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods

Madcow19703
Tuning in

Hi I'm on volt. The page for WiFi pods says out of stock but apparently been like that from the start. I've looked all over for a phone number  can anyone help with that please. Very much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You may not get much sense from offshore CS re pods, but worth a try as they are in stock and cant be ordered on the website - you either do have to call in free on 150 (VM line) or 0345 454 1111 (others - national rate)

Or wait here for a few days and a VM person will sort one for you (they issue them one at a time)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You may not get much sense from offshore CS re pods, but worth a try as they are in stock and cant be ordered on the website - you either do have to call in free on 150 (VM line) or 0345 454 1111 (others - national rate)

Or wait here for a few days and a VM person will sort one for you (they issue them one at a time)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Madcow19703,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your Wi-Fi pods.

Did you manage to speak to our call team? If not please let me know, then I will do what I can to help you from here.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi no there was no option for it  and we tried several ways to get through.

I have and they keep saying they sending one and they don't, have had the first one, but need the other 2 due to the walls being thick, we have had trouble in the rooms we want them for since we have had broadband due to the house being old, but still they won't send out pods 2 and 3 not even one at a time.

what is annoying is that we are being told that they are being ordered and to wait for a email.

If I get messed about I will not renew contract that's for sure. I'm a bit peed that the new hub isn't as strong as the last. My cctvs and doorbell couldn't connect. Still iffy as I get messages saying you interwnt connection is now back on ggggrrrr

That is a problem, sorry you are having them, they know we are becoming more and more reliant on broadband providers and are taking advantage of it. Nearly everything is much the same speed as the walls stops signal getting through, we do have a wifi 6 2x2 computer connected via ethernet and that only gets up to 900, there is not much improvement in a lot of my devices.
Our doorbell is still slow where my daughter's who has the same doorbell but different internet provider is great no problems
I feel I have dubbed into signing a contract, now staff keep telling me they are sending me another pod.
Virgin media for years have been telling me I have blind spots due to thick walls, when I took out a new contract,  I was not aware that you had to have blind spots but even if  I did it would not have bothered me as I have been struggling for years, sadly I have signed up for 18mths, but I am looking to take it further.

since writing this, I have had an email saying date and time of arrival of second pod, as I have been told before it has been ordered, I will see if it comes and what happens with the third as I only updated the contract for the pods because as virgin media have been pointing out for years we have thick walls and can't expect a good single.

We are 3 storey third storey is using data for Internet but after swapping to volt the Internet isn't stable 

Woooohooo  virgin engineer been and he's recommended the pods. My son as got me through to virgin about the pods and I have 1 on the way on Thursday