cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods unable to get them

Oconnell123
Joining in

So I upgraded to oomph with the 360 tv and super hub 4 back in December.  We have a large house and had poor wifi so we were sent a wifi pod to replace the boosters we had with our hub 3. Unfortunately 1 pod is not enough and I was told I would need an engineer to assess as the virgin connect app does not support my new hub 4 and customer service can only send out 1 wifi pod without the property being assessed.

since January we have waited for our mini box to be hard wired and to get our lack of wifi sorted out  and finally today I get the engineer.

however the wifi issue wasn't on his job card  so he just did the install however the mini box was struggling to connect to the wifi as the signal in that part of the house is rubbish so he said he would call his boss.

his boss said order  on the connect app I said the app isn't supported on the hub  4 seems even the staff don't know what's going on.  So the boss said ring customer service so I ring customer service who said I need to use the app!!! So again I said the app don't connect to the hub 4 I was told to call you and was told no wifi pods in stock and I would need to troubleshoot my hub first. I said an installer has just left he had trouble installing he said they don't carry the pods he would note I need pods and give me the number to get pods but again I was told I would need to troubleshoot I said I'm not wasting another hour and half of my time when I did all this in January already and I had the person out who told me my wifi is rubbish and I need 2 wifi pods but I can't seem to get wifi pods.

I am about ready to throw all my VM equipment in the bin and go to sky this is appalling customer service rubbish equipment and no technical solutions available at all.  Why upgrade when nothing of the new equipment works properly!!!!

beyond furious all I want is the additional wifi pods but I guess I am looking for the holy grail!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

More pods the people want! to fix the poor WiFi the hub has people are on a one track mind only VM can save you!

Why don't you just forget the pods VM only want you to have one and maybe its costing you £5 a month? but even if its free its still poor support by VM.

look at getting your own wireless router with 1Gb ports and use the hub in modem mode you may find your WiFi problems go away.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Oconnell123,

Welcome back to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you've been having so many ongoing issues. This is definitely not the service we aim to provide for our customers and I'm sorry that you have been impacted.

I completely understand your frustration with this issue and I can assure you that we will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

I was able to locate your account through your Forum details, but in order to help further, we will need to confirm a few details with you. 

To do this, I will send you a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs