cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pods order - help please

drbrainsol
Tuning in

Hi everyone.

After a few years with BT, I have decided to give VM another go at my new home address.

I am on the 1Gbps service, live since 17/02.  I am also a Volt customer. The service has been great so far and speeds are amazing as long as I am close to the router, at the back of the house.

Unfortunately as soon as I move a couple of rooms away to the living room, the WiFi becomes unusable. I have done scans using the Connect App with results usually under 20Mbps (or no results at all as my phone drops the wifi connection altogether). I have attached a couple of screenshots.

The Connect app recommends activating Wifi Max but whatever I do, it doesn't look like it can be activated online. 

Can the helpful VM staff active on the forum help me order one or two pods please?

Screenshot_20230225-174202.pngScreenshot_20230227-171144.png

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello drbrainsol

Thank you for taking the time to post on the forums in regards to your broadband and wireless network problems, we appreciate the frustration this can cause.

More details on our Wi-Fi Max can be found here within that page is the option to activate Wi-Fi Max. Let us know if this helps, Pods can also be ordered via the Connect App, what happens when you try this/

Rob

Thank you for responding. 

No matter which option I try (connect app or website link you provided), I get redirected to a "contact us" page at the link below:

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/change-my-package/my-current-package/customer-exclusion

I already spent quite a bit of time trying to chat to someone online or over the phone...until the line hung up! 

I am hoping you could you order the pod for me please? 

Happy to look into this for you if you still need assistance? I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob

drbrainsol
Tuning in

Thank you very much for your help.

I have received the pod, plugged it in and I now have good WiFi coverage in the whole flat. Streaming services working perfectly on the TV in the living room which was my main problem.

Thread can be closed. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, I can see you are in PM with Rob, I hope this gets sorted for you.

Zoie