cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

madasaman
Tuning in

Can I buy a VM wifi pod off the net(EBAY) and will it work with my hub. I've heard that they have to be linked by VM, and doubt if they'll do that since they won't be getting any more money off me.

6 REPLIES 6

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

The first pods had to be linked to your account to work, but not sure about the WIFI6 version.

Trying to chat on line to someone to get a definite answer but been on hold since 10 past 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Definitely not.

VM will never activate any equipment obtained from another source.

Their equipment is all "rented" to customers and tied to their accounts. So any on eBay are likely to be - effectively stolen property and whoever is selling it has not returned it and so will be getting a bill and their credit history will be black marked if not paid.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

But surely those on the top plans get given these free of charge, so can sell them if they want to if they are not required.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Nope - they are equipment who's rental charge is included in the 1GB and Volt packages - others add them as "extras".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

OK, thanks for the clarification