cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

Jack2711
Joining in

Hi, I recently upgraded from the hub 3 to the hub 4 but my wifi pod i hade with my hub 3 wont connect to my hub 4, can someone please help me 

20 REPLIES 20

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi I'll try the pods again when I've more time hopefully they'll sync up as long as I've been given correct information that they didn't need to he paired at your end to the new replacement hub and still not paired to the old hub

Hi TAZMANUK

Have you been able to try the pods again?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi not yet as not at home

No worries, please keep us posted

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

Hi, I've also recently upgraded from hub3 to hub4. Hub4 is all factory settings and working fine, but the wifi pod is just endlessly cycling lights trying to connect. It's within range of the new hub, just not connecting. Any help please?

Thanks!

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi I've yet to sort mine out this weekend as wife working from home so can't interrupt the internet connection.

I was told to try the following, but I was told the WiFi Pods need to be linked to your new hub 4 Mac address in order to work, but customer services tells me different

First please let ensure that the set up is done properly , It is very simple to set up the Intelligent WiFi Pods. If you are using the default settings on your Hub then it is as simple as plugging in the Pod and allowing 2-5 minutes for the setup to complete.
•The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
•Channel Optimisation must be left on
•The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
•The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

Note: If the light in the Pod doesn't turn off after the initialisation period then please follow the troubleshooting process found by selecting 'Connection' from the Broadband main menu and selecting 'Pods / Boosters / Powerline' as one of the conection methods.

Click here for placement tips 

•Ideally choose somewhere roughly halfway between where you are experiencing poor WiFi signal and your Hub (no more than one floor or two rooms apart from each other).
•Your WiFi Pod connects via WiFi to your Hub, so it’s crucial your Hub is out in the open (not tucked behind the TV) and your WiFi Pod is plugged into a socket with a good amount of open space around it.
•If you have a second or third WiFi Pod, repeat the process and place them halfway between your Hub/existing WiFi Pod and the area of poor WiFi signal. They will all work together to improve your coverage.

Once plugged in the light on the Pod will go through an initialisation sequence, when completed, the light will turn off and the Pod will be functional."

Let me know if this works for you

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

Yeah I followed all those steps… pod currently plugged in next to the hub and still flashing it’s lights an hour later…

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

I still reckon the pods have to be reset at their end and then paired to the new hub 4s Mac address

Lisa6789
On our wavelength

It would make sense… hopefully gets picked up soon.

Welcome back to the community @Lisa6789 and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have spoken to the team this morning. Have they been able to resolve the issues with your WiFi on the call?

Regards,

Steven_L