cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

Jack2711
Joining in

Hi, I recently upgraded from the hub 3 to the hub 4 but my wifi pod i hade with my hub 3 wont connect to my hub 4, can someone please help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pods are linked by VM to the MAC address of the hub, so when changing the hub they will have to be reset. You will need to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, it may take a few days. You could try phoning Customer services on 0345 454 1111 or 150 if you have a VM landline, but they may not be able to understand your problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

20 REPLIES 20

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The pods are linked by VM to the MAC address of the hub, so when changing the hub they will have to be reset. You will need to wait for a VM staff member to get to your post, it may take a few days. You could try phoning Customer services on 0345 454 1111 or 150 if you have a VM landline, but they may not be able to understand your problem.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jack2711 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Please can you confirm that Tudor's resolution has worked for you?

Regards

Lee_R

Yes, it did work 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi I have the same issue my hub 3 was changed to a hub 4 due to speed issues when upgrading my internet speed and was sent a hub 4 however now my 2 pods are not syncing, I thought this would automatically transfer them over rather than having issues , can you sort mine please. 

Hi @TAZMANUK

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having issues trying to sync your wifi pods to your new hub.

Just to confirm, have you tried completely rebooting your pods as mentioned by @Tudor? You can also find out more here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-intelligent-wifi-pods-faqs.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

Hi I spoke to Virginmedia via what'sapp who have told me what to do for the pods to work, they stated they don't need resyncing and will automatically work with the new hub 

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

This is the information they gave me. 

First please let ensure that the set up is done properly , It is very simple to set up the Intelligent WiFi Pods. If you are using the default settings on your Hub then it is as simple as plugging in the Pod and allowing 2-5 minutes for the setup to complete.
•The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
•Channel Optimisation must be left on
•The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
•The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home.

Note: If the light in the Pod doesn't turn off after the initialisation period then please follow the troubleshooting process found by selecting 'Connection' from the Broadband main menu and selecting 'Pods / Boosters / Powerline' as one of the conection methods.

TAZMANUK
Knows their stuff

So do the pods have to be reset to work with the Mac address of the hub 4 as virginmedia says it does not and gave me those instructions to follow however I've read they are linked to bubs Mac address, so I assume they won't work unless they are paired with the replacement hub?

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @TAZMANUK

Have you managed to connect the pods to the new Hub using the information provided? 

If not, what happens when you try to connect the pods? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide