cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod

jasineil2010
On our wavelength

Wifi pod not working. Constant intermittent internet. Absolutely pee off at Virgin 

10 REPLIES 10

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Do you mean it is "broken" ? - if so call it in as a fault.

Or do you mean it hasn't solved the wifi issues you were having? If so call in and get the extra pod(s).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The location of the Pod is crucial.  It should be sited within range of the Hub, and not in the blackspot.  If this is not enough to get a wifi signal, then an additional Pod(s) will be needed to bridge the gap.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

What on earth is the point of it being insite of the router. If you black spot is upstairs. In the instruction video it has a pic of a hub downstairs and pod on the landing. Which is were mine is. Whether I need another one or not. Dose this mean Virgin can't provide a good enough gub to send signal around a small house. ? 

The small lights starts of blue blinks then no light at all. And then not found on (the fantastic connect App)  Does this mean its broken? I have no idea 

Hub *

Hi jasineil2010,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your WiFi pods. 

Have you checked out this link for help: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/booster-and-wi-fi-pods

^Martin

Yes. I found it a complete waste of time. It has as much infomation about wifi pods than if you were reading about how to make a beef casserole with a house brick as your guide

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jasineil2010 wrote:

What on earth is the point of it being insite of the router. If you black spot is upstairs. In the instruction video it has a pic of a hub downstairs and pod on the landing. Which is were mine is. Whether I need another one or not. Dose this mean Virgin can't provide a good enough gub to send signal around a small house. ? 

You have to understand how the Pods work.  If they are too far apart, the wifi signal will not bridge the gap. So, there is no point in putting a Pod in a wifi black spot.  If your property does not work well with wifi, it may be you need powerline adapters.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I only have 1 wifi pod. What would be the point of putting it in same room