cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod stopped working

THurn
Tuning in

I recently changed to a Volt package, and ordered a wifi pod at the same time. I set it up OK, I have 100 Mbps and plugged it in where a speed test shows approx. 40 Mbps, I disabled 5 GHz on the router (Hub 3.0), channel optimisation is on. It was working well, then last night I noticed it was flashing again. It seems that my router config changes don't seem to be persistent. I rebooted the router last night, then realised this morning that I had to disable 5 GHz again - no problem. However it seems that 5 GHz somehow gets re-enabled without me touching it and without any reboot. The config seems OK at the moment, however the pod is refusing to connect. I don't really have anywhere else to put it, but I'll check if it works somewhere closer to the router. I would have thought that 40 Mbps where it is should be enough signal though?

Thanks in advance for any help, similar experience etc. you can share.

5 REPLIES 5

THurn
Tuning in

It's just happened again - the router has reverted to using both bands, with no intervention and no reboot.

The pod's light has gone out so it must be working again. I think I got the wrong end of the stick somewhere along the line, I just did a search where the advice was that nothing needs changing on the Hub.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi THurn, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the Pod. 

Can you please confirm how things have been since your last post? Is it still the case that the Pod is connected and no longer showing the light? 

Let us know and we will be happy to help. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Yes, all good now thanks.

Hi @THurn thanks a lot for your reply, and letting us know - that's great news!

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Many thanks

Tom_W