cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pod not detected

ToneLoc01
Tuning in

Hi folks. Hope someone can help. A couple of black spots in house after new virgin install. Reported to virgin and 2 pods sent out. Plugged both in. Launched my virgin connect app and it only shows one pod. 2nd one not appearing on app, so obviously not connecting to hub. Any help appreciated. 

Thanks all.

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @ToneLoc01 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been facing issues with your second Pod. Can I just confirm have you followed the set up steps and troubleshooting steps you can find online here

Thanks again

Hi ashleigh. Thanks for getting back.

I received 2 pods last week. Plugged both in to different locations to address the 2 blackspots.

1 pod picked up immediately by my app. 2nd pod not. I have rebooted everything multiple times and even attempted to connect unrecognised pod to hub via ether, but still not picking up. 

Via connected app, i tried to add device via the + sign and selected WiFi pod and the message says our system says you have no other pods to connect. Ibviously virgin have not activated the 2nd pod on their side.

I have wasted 3 hours of my Sunday trying to get resolved by chats, and calling virgin. I am now bored after losing 3 hours from my short enough weekend getting disconnected by message bots and voice bots with no resolution. Satisfaction levels probably not in the best of places right now..

Anything you can suggest is appreciated 

T

Thanks for the reply @ToneLoc01 on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear this issue is still on-going.
May I ask if you're able to connect up the Wi-Fi pods to the hub via ethernet cable so that they can be detected?
Let us know what it does.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Already tried that and no success.. white light continues with slow pulse but connect app still only sees one pod.

Do virgin have to activate/register them from their side and could it be the case that they only tegistered one to me?

Thanks, Tony 

Hey ToneLoc01, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Please can you just try this step and let me know if this resolves it;

Unplug any Ethernet cables attached to the router and wait at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. Plug the router's power cable back into the outlet. Plug the modem back in and wait until the modem has finished powering on. Wait at least 2 minutes for your Pods' LEDs to stop blinking. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

⁷thanks for the guidance. Unfortunately no luck, white light still flashing 24 hours after following your steps and 2nd pod still not being picked up.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ToneLoc01, 

Thank you for getting back to us and apologies for the issues still occurring. 

We would be happy to assist with this further but we would need to run some checks from our side. 

To do this, I will pop you over a private message to take a few more details and this will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat