Menu
lilacwillow
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi password incorrect?

Hi,

My laptop and phone randomly stopped connecting to my WiFi last night. When I try to connect it asks for the password, which I enter correctly, but it says it is incorrect.

I have tried a factory reset of the Hub 3 router and it doesn’t accept either the original default password or my new password.

Please can you help with this as I need to connect to WiFi for work.

Please note that I can still access Netflix through my Virgin TV box, so I assume the internet service is ok, I just can’t connect to WiFi on any devices.

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi password incorrect?

Welcome to the forums, if you've reset it then it should be exactly what it says it is on the sticker/card on the hub, make sure for the WiFi you're entering the WiFi password and not the superhub log in password on your devices as some people have done in the past, before entering the WiFi password make sure caps lock is off.

0 Kudos
lilacwillow
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am using the password from the sticker/card and ensuring I am entering correctly - still will not accept the password.

Anything else I can try?

0 Kudos
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When you press the pinhole reset hold it in for about 60 seconds, then try it, if not contact customer support on 0345 454 1111 or 150 from vm phone, could be an issue with the hub or default password being incorrect to whats on the card(which has happened before).

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi lilacwillow,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read you are unable to connect to the wireless network.

As I was unable to see any devices connected, I assume you are still having this issue.

I know you have already tried this, but can you try another pin hole reset for me please? Or even better, if the wired connection is working, log into the router settings and reset from within there, as we know this will work correctly.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

try this if you haven't - a pinhole reset with a twist - as per message 12 - has helped a lot of people this week.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Newish-hub-3-WIFI-incorrect-password/td-p/3...

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lilacwillow
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for all the replies. I held the reset button for 60seconds and then left it alone (didn’t switch off) - that seemed to work!

0 Kudos