cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on hub 4 not working

lewi1968
Tuning in

Sorry to trouble you but I have a problem with the Wi-Fi on the Virgin hub 4 I have the 1GB  version now it was fine I had the ssid showing in my connections on the pc with both Wi-Fi connection there no problems until last when the daughter said she had no Wi-Fi when I was at work so she turned the hub off and back on but still no Wi-Fi so I went into the hub 4 settings on 191.168.0.1 address looked and see that there was no Wi-Fi so went advanced wireless wireless signal and see the 

Wireless frequency 2.4 GHz 

Wireless frequency 5 GHz

where both disabled so I changed them to enable and both on auto channel applied and closed the hub software

Then to my surprise no wifi so checked it all again and both the 2.4 qnd 5 GHz was both disabled again I tried resetting the hub and still this happens, what's wrong with my hub please help.

Thanks John 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

g0akc
Problem sorter

How did you reset it?  Make sure you do a full factory reset (having made sure the passwords are visible on it) - hold the reset button in for a full minute before releasing and letting it settle. 

Are wired connections working? 

What lights are on?

Anything showing in the status pages?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

On the status page WiFi is off 

Ethernet is fine and shows as connected now i done the reset on the hub settings 

Thanks for your help John 🙂

So is the WiFi working now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

no wifi just wont turn on in the software nore will wps button connect to anything like i said i go in to the hub settings you tick the boxes to turn on the wifi save it come out look on the pc in connections still no hub 4 available so i  check again in the hub software on pc an its turned off again thanks John, I will try the full reset today just not got round to doing it yet i have another wifi hub i was using yesterday 

try full reset.  If still not working must be a bug or faulty hub I guess.