Menu
Idiotproof
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi not working

My Wi-Fi has stopped working although it was fine earlier today. I've run the status check and it says there is no problem and it should be running fine. Have checked all the wires to the hub etc and run out of ideas...anybody help? Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi not working

Can you still connect ok with an ethernet cable ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean that your internet connection has stopped working? If this is the case phone customer services and report your internet is not working, don’t just say “my WiFi is not working”. If you just say WiFi their scripts lead done the wrong path for a “broken” connection.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Idiotproof
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've not tried that. I'm trying to connect on my iPad and now he hub is showing but says "incorrect password" even when I put the correct one in.

0 Kudos
Idiotproof
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes it's the internet that isn't working. thanks, I'll try phoning them 🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Idiotproof wrote:

Yes it's the internet that isn't working. thanks, I'll try phoning them 🙂

Good plan - top tip though is that as they are "offshore" and work from scripts triggered by your keywords - never say "my wifi isnt working" - that will lead them to pick up the script that say "if its wifi its the customers problem" - tell them "my internet keeps disconnecting from the network" and focus on that with wifi as an aside.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos