cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi not connecting to door bell ring

Vickyx1x
Joining in

I’ve just purchased a doorbell bell ring and won’t connect to my wifi keeps telling me connection failed password incorrect but it isn’t, I think it’s something to do with 2.4 and 5 ghz how do I change it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You’ll have to factory reset the hub and use the admin password on the base of the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

lotharmat
Community elder
Go into your hub settings (192.168.0.1)
Go to advanced
Go to WiFi
Split out the channels there (suffix the 2.4GHz band with _2 and the 5GHz with _5)
Also disable intelligent WiFi while you are there -

Hope this helps!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Thank you, I knew it was something like that but i can’t get on I can’t remember my password and I don’t know how to sort it 

You’ll have to factory reset the hub and use the admin password on the base of the hub. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I’ve managed to get onto it but no-idea how to change anythin on there to get my wifi connected to door bell

Can you see the advanced section after you log in?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

@Vickyx1x wrote:

I’ve managed to get onto it but no-idea how to change anythin on there to get my wifi connected to door bell

Go to the advanced settings and change the SSIDs (network names) so 2.4 and 5GHz are different 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-configure-advanced-settings-on-your-hub

Then follow Ring set up instructions 

Our Ring doorbell works fine with our router and did with a Hub 3 having default settings at the time.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

I’m on advanced settings but I don’t know how to change the network names so they are different 

Just changed names but it’s saying To me on my phone when I try connect that this device only supports 2.4 GHz wifi 

Unless its the pro ring door bell it only does support 2.4ghz