Menu
Callum6
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Wifi keeps dropping out

My Wifi keeps dropping out, after several phone calls in the last week that have lasted over 3 hours,  finally on Wednesday I was spoken through how to "change" settings on my hub/router I was assured it would cure the problem,it hasn't!! Is there a problem in the CV10 area ??

Not happy paying a lot for such awful customer "service" and service..!

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wifi keeps dropping out

If it's just a WiFi problem, that is down to something happening in your home, not an area issue. There are things you can do to improve that.  

But first, do you have a service on devices connected to the Hub by wire? 

0 Kudos
Callum6
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have the TV set top box connected by 2 wires from the router.

. I've had problems with the set top box too. Problem only seems to have started a day after a local power cut 2 weeks ago..

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That power cut may have affected the Hub. I suggest you reset it with a pin in the reset hole for 30 seconds.

0 Kudos
Callum6
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That'll reset it, will it loose the changes I made to it this week? Had to change settings of router ( band widths) on my phone, call centre talked me through it..

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes - everything will be as it was when you first started it up.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Callum6,

Thanks for raising this WiFi dropouts in our Community. I apologise if it wasn't resolved when you called and made the changes you set with the hub.

How is your WiFi connection since your post? Have you tried rebooting the hub as suggested by jpeg1? If you haven't, please try to do the reset using the reset hole and see if it changes anything.

Here are also WiFi tips you can use moving forward to optimise your connection.

Please let us know so we can check it further for you.

Regards,

Valerie_T

0 Kudos
Callum6
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Thanks for a response, l have not rebooted it till l understood that what was supposed to have cured it would be lost?? I was assured by your call centre in India that there was a " known" problem on my local network which would be fixed in 48 hours.??? Still waiting for a complaintsvxall back coming up to 10 days ago.. paying for a service that doesn't work.  I have turned all other appliances off to check for any interference.. still cutting out after a few minutes,up to 10 mins on a good go..can you send me a new hub to provide the service you're charging me quite a lot for?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Can you try the reboot please Callum? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos